Granola is now becoming my favourite pastime snack to munch on its own or have it with milk for breakfast. In the past, I’ve used to make granola bars with nuts and even adding chocolate to it. Cut it into bars, wrapped it with aluminium foil and brought it to work. It was indeed filling I’ll say about that. This is my fourth time making it within the span of 2 months! A fresh batch is currently baking in the oven as I type and already the smell is lingering in the living room! I am no Vegan but I’m really interested to try more vegan food! To broaden my taste buds and of course be more aware of what I eat. I’ve come across this recipe from Peaceful Cuisine on YouTube. When I first tasted it, it was not sweet and a bit tasteless and then it kind of struck me, that those granola bars I purchased from supermarkets that were incredibly yummy was filled with so much sugar! It did not came across my mind that maybe granola was not suppose to be really sweet but rather have a mild sweetness to it instead? Nonetheless, I think it’s really a foolproof recipe that any beginner can do, which you can add in your desired nuts and fruits to it. I’ve tweaked it slightly to my make it a tad sweeter. My mum absolutely loves it and I’m glad she did. 🙂
- 5 tbsp of coconut oil
- 9 tbsp of honey
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 2 tsp of matcha powder
- 3 cups of rolled oats
- 1 handful of baked almonds
- 1 handful of baked walnuts
- 1 handful of dried raisins
- 1 handful of dried cranberries
- Pour the coconut oil and honey in a bowl.
- Sprinkle your matcha powder and cinnamon.
- Chop your nuts into small pieces.
- Add your nuts into the wet mixture.
- Mix the mixture well until combined.
- Preheat the oven to 170 degree celcius.
- Pat the mixture firmly on a pan so that when it cools down, it forms clusters that sticks together, becoming irresistibly crunchy!
- Bake it for 30mins till it turns golden brown. I place mine at the second last bottom rack.
- Let it cool and mix it the dried fruits.
- Store it in an airtight container.
P.S. Listening to Harry Styles Sign of Times and I have to say I’m obsessed with it especially the live version!