Please admire the orangey, caramelised individual carrot sticks
Dear Carrots, I have a love and hate relationship with you. I dislike you being crunchy but love you insanely when you are all steamy and soft especially in clear broth. I came across this recipe from Buzzfeed when there was not much to cook with. So I took a leap of faith, nah.. I am just exaggerating and so I decided the recipe! Similar to my Ridiculously Easy Baked Potato Wedges (made this the same time and so it became my second side dish for last night’s Western food theme dinner 🙂 )
I kind of lost track of how many carrots I’ve used but feel free to modify the recipe to suit your taste!
- 5 carrots
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- a variety of dried herbs
- 5 heap tbsp of parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- 1/2 tsp of cumin
- Preheat your oven to 200 degree celcius
- Slice the carrots into thin sticks
- Place carrots in a bowl, along with the oil, cheese, salt, pepper and dried herbs. Mix them well.
- Spread it on the aluminium foil lined with baking sheet.
- Bake it in the oven for 20mins till crispy, enjoy!
The brand that I’ve used
Heat it up in the microwave oven the next day and it’s all good!