Chocolate and Vanilla Cheesecake with a layer of Chocolate Ganache without using heavy cream, say what?!?
Made this Chocolate and Vanilla literally few hours ago and it’s currently chilling overnight so that I can share this with my family and eat cake for my breakfast tomorrow! 🙂 You can find this recipe here which I made it last year. I am excited to try it and will keep you posted on how it taste ! Have a good night if you’re reading this at 11:07pm!
- Adding the white sugar to the cream cheese reminds me of frosty snow!
- Melting the chocolate pieces
- Cream cheese mixture resembles like actual frosting, yummy!
- Knobs of butter floating in the milk mixture
- Egg and vanilla extract in the batter
- Adding egg one at a time
- The vanilla mixture (About 10 heap tbsps of cake batter)
- The chocolate mixture, added the melted chocolate to it
- Added the homemade sour cream to both flavours
- Pour in the chocolate mixture followed by adding dollops of vanilla and then chocolate after that
- Reminds me of Jackson Pollack’s art anyone? 🙂
- Bake it at 180 degrees celcius for 1hr 30mins
- Chocolate ganache: 5 tbsps of butter + 1/3 cup of milk + 1/4 bar chocolate pieces. Heat it up in a pot on medium heat till it thickens. Pour over the cooled cake.
Let the cake chill overnight because it tastes seriously amazing when it is best eaten cold!
Only the first morning and look how much is left!
After the cake has been cooled overnight! Dense, creamy chocolatey goodness!
I am quite a perfectionist and I’ll admit that the cake tasted a bit grainy as I must have cooked it a bit longer. Next time, bake it less than 1hr 45mins and instead to 1hr 30mins at 170 degrees celcius instead of 180 degrees? I guess the homemade sour cream was not so successful. Will buy a cup of sour cream next time!