A secret ingredient is used to get that oh so perfect golden hue
A household staple when it comes to having Western food for a dinner night has to be garlic bread! It’s loved by my whole family. Eat it on its own or even soaking it in onion soup. It just proves to be an absolute comfort food! I love a bread where it has really deep strong flavours and I owe that to herbs especially dried herbs in bottles. I just simply adore it, flecks of dried herbs scattered all over the bread. You can always feel free to dash more over your bread to make it extra flavourful. You bake it in the oven however you could always eat it straight for that extra garlic-ky kick!
For a really deep golden brown colour, the secret is to add a dash of paprika + chili powder to really enhance that golden colour. Here is foolproof recipe for an aromatic, garlic-y and golden garlic bread! It was dinner time and it totally slipped my mind to capture an after it has been cooked! But fret not as I will definitely have a chance to post it very soon!
Garlic + butter + herbs = ultimate garlic butter
Garlic bread + herbs w/0 secret ingredient (before it goes into the oven)
Garlic bread + herbs w/ paprika (before it goes into the oven)
- Around 13 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 loaf of bread sliced into triangles/squares (palm size)
- 1/4cup or 7 tbsp of softened butter
- a pinch of salt
- 2 tsps of black pepper
- 2 tsps of italian seasoning
- 1 tsp of dried thyme
- 1 tsp of dried basil
- 1 tsp of chili powder
- 1 tsp of paprika powder
- a handful of dried rosemary
- Peel and finely chop the garlic. Set aside in a bowl
- In the same bowl, add the softened butter, salt and sprinkle all the dried herbs to it. Mix it well till it forms a garlic butter paste.
- Slice your bread into even pieces and cut to desired shapes. Apply the garlic butter onto only one side of the bread.
- Preheat your oven to 180 celcius. Place the bread on an aluminium tray.
- Bake the bread for 10 to 15mins till its golden brown and flip it so that the underside browns as well.
- Serves well when its eaten hot!