I came across a recipe on Cheesecake Filled Chocolate Bundt Cake which can be found here. Immediately, when I saw it I knew I had to bake it. I adapted her version in which I made some adjustments to the recipe. Whereby, my Chocolate and Vanilla Swirl Cheesecake can sort of finally make a comeback in this recipe! Hooray!
You can see there’s three parts to this gorgeous bundt cake. The bottom layer would be the chocolate bundt cake. Followed by the chocolate cream cheese filling and then a generous amount of chocolate ganache with walnuts is poured over the top. I would suggest adding a couple of tablespoons of melted chocolate to the bundt cake batter. This adds a depth of flavour and richness.
Recipe For Chocolate Bundt Cake With Chocolate Cream Cheese Filling
(Bakes in an 9-inch cake tin)
(Chocolate Bundt Cake)
- 16 tbsp of softened butter
- 1/3 cup of sifted cocoa powder
- 1 cup of strong coffee (add 1 tsp of coffee powder to a cup of hot water)
- 1 1/4 cup of white sugar
- 1 1/2 tsps of baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
(Chocolate Cream Cheese Filling)
- 250g of softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 100g of chocolate
- 3 tbsps of sour cream/ milk
- 1 bar/ 200g of chocolate
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract/ rum
- a handful of walnuts for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 175 celsius and prepare your cake tin by buttering the sides with a knob of softened butter.
- Sift your cocoa powder in a large bowl, combine it with softened butter and coffee. Mix it under a bowl of simmering water till stir it till completely smooth. Remove it from the heat and let it cool.
- Break your chocolate into small pieces and let it melt under a bowl of simmering water. Leave 3 tablespoons and add it into the cake batter. The remaining would be for the cream cheese filling. In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking powder and sugar together. Whisk it slowly into the cocoa butter mixture.
- Crack and egg and mix in the vanilla extract in a separate bowl. Slowly pour it into the mixture. Add in the other egg as well. Whisk the mixture till smooth. Add in the melted chocolate and fold in the sour cream.
- In another bowl. whisk the cream cheese mixture till fluffy. Add in the sugar. Stir in an egg and vanilla extract till it resembles like a frosting.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the cream cheese mixture and mix well.
- Scoop the half chocolate batter and pour it into the cake tin. Layer it with the cream cheese filling. Followed by pouring the remaining batter over the cake tin. Bake if for 50 to 60 mins or until the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Chop the chocolate in small pieces in a bowl. Heat the heavy cream on a low heat or until it just bubbles. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate.
- Slowly stir in vanilla extract (optional). Let the mixture cool till it thickens slightly. Spread it over the cooled cake and crush some walnuts. Sprinkle at the top of the cake. Let it chill overnight as it tastes so much better eaten cold! Enjoy!